This week, we covered the historical transformation of the meaning of “ideology.” In about 500 words, how would you define ideology and why?
Consider the following points:
Our reader examined when ideology was first coined and how others interpreted its meaning overtime.
– First, Antoine Louise Claude Destutt, Comte de Tracy coined the term “ideology” as a philosophy of the mind. It developed during the Enlightenment period in France (17th-18th century), where thinkers were focused on reason. As a result, “ideology” was supposed to be a linkage between “logic, psychology, and politics” where “intellectuals discover the truth” and “enlightened politicians” that understand these truths would be able to carry out policies to help society. (pg 4-5)
– Second, Napoleon Bonaparte at first agreed with de Tracy during the French Revolution, but in his pursuit of power reverted back to supporting the Church and supernatural phenomenon as opposed to reason. As a result, Bonaparte denounced “ideology” as a sinister metaphysics, breaking that relation between intellectuals and rulers/philosophers and politicians that de Tracy advocated for. (pg. 5)
– Third, Karl Marx saw “ideology” as an abuse of power. He lived in the late 18th century when the industrial revolution not only brought about new innovation, but huge gaps in wages and an increase in poverty. Therefore, looking at things in the lens of class, he saw that those who held the means of material production also controlled the means of mental production. In other words, it was the elite who controlled ideas, or who were the ideologues/ideologists. To him, these ideologists created illusionary arguments for their own material benefit. For instance, the French Revolution spoke about rights for men and citizens, but it benefited those with private property at the expense of workers. Marx’s own concept of communism was different. He saw it as a science that identified, explained and promoted the working class’ interests that would advise rather than impose its ideas on people as ideologists would do. (pg. 5-7)
– Fourth, Friedrich Engels was Marx’s counterpart in the same time period and called ideology “false consciousness,” or concealed the explotiation of the working class in a capitalist society. In terms of Marx’s work, Engels called it “scientific socialism” because it has fundamental laws into finding the truth to how we think, particularly looking at history. Engels’ approach uses logical deduction, which Marx might not have agreed with, according to our reader. Followers of Marx who wanted to promote Marxism as a comprehnesive system began to see this idea about the working class as a “scientifc ideology.” (pg. 7)
– Fifth, Lenin was a Russian revolutionary that applied Marxism as “a comprehensive science derived from an abstract logic,” thereby accepting it as an ideology, which countered Marx’s original intentions. For Lenin, he contrasted bourgeois ideology with a “socialist ideology,” believing that the working class needed socialist intellectuals to awaken them out of bourgeois ideology and that science was there to serve the working class/proletariat interests to realize they were being exploited in a capitalist society and rise up against the elite/bourgeois. (pg. 7)
– Sixth, Karl Mannheim argued later in the 20th century that studying ideology involved unmasking the real nature of the situation at a particular and total level in which the whole of reality could be distorted by a particular ideology. (pg. 8)
– Seventh, Malcolm B. Hamilton more recently attempted to define the elements of ideology in the 1980s. He called it a “system of collectively held normative and reputable factual ideas and beliefs and attitudes” about social patterns. His focus, however, was only on “empirical application and research” taking out the element of political action. In other words, his definition made ideology apolitical and independent of the interest of human beings. (pg. 8-9)
– Eight, our textbook defines ideology as a “system of ideas that tries to link thought with action” by “explain[ing] and evaluat[ing] social conditions, help[ing] them understand their place in society [or orienting them], and provid[ing] a program for social and political action.
Benchmark – Role of Sport Psychologist (PSY-366) essay help: essay help
In 1,000-1,250 words, you will differentiate the three main roles of sport psychology consultants and their relationship to each other by doing the following:
1) Describe how the field of sports psychology developed in a historical context.
2) Identify each role and what the actions are and ethical considerations within that role.
3) Describe the relationship between all three roles.
Use three to five scholarly resources to support your explanations.
Part I if Happiness is crucial or intimate like our DNA as Layard then why are we still unhappy? Now if we think about it our reading so far provides us with ample answers as to what constitutes or co college essay help
Do you think that Layard offers the final words on these various subjects or is there something else that you believe is a crucial component or components to yours and everyone’s happiness and joy?
What is your personal formula for happiness? Also, in “Words Can Change Your Brain”, we can see how one word can change our thought patterns and eventually change the very dimension of our brain. Do you see any connection between what is being stated in this book and Amy Cuddy’s Ted Talk that body alterations can change your destiny? The key subtext to Professor Cuddy’s talk is what are you communicating to yourself and others though your body language? Here is a link to her talk as a reminder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks-_Mh1QhMc
Please use (concrete examples) from the videos or the reading (that means using page numbers, quotes) as support or to critique where you feel that Layard may have gotten it wrong for example.
Six Human Needs have been discussed: 1) Certainty, 2) Variety, 3) Significance, 4) Connection and Love, 5) Growth and 6) Contribution. Each of these are very important to understanding why we do what we do and why people will often take what seems like “irrational” actions. But in order to see what we ourselves are doing, and what others human needs or motivators maybe, we have to be able to quickly and correctly identify these various needs.
So please pick a movie of your choosing and identify a major character and describe what three human needs (motivators) are compelling them throughout the film. Please note whether or not their motivation is the same throughout the film or does it change and morph over time?
Finally, and in what ways is your happiness like or dislike the character in your chosen film. PLEASE AVOID USING THE FILM PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS.
2,700 word requirement
For this Assignment, you will examine the one-way ANOVA based on a research question. To prepare for this Assignment: Review Essay argumentative essay help: argumentative essay help
For this Assignment, you will examine the one-way ANOVA based on a research question. To prepare for this Assignment: Review this week’s Learning Resources and media program related to one-way ANOVA testing. Using the SPSS software, open the Afrobarometer dataset or the High School Longitudinal Study dataset (whichever you choose) found in the Learning Resources for this week. Based on the dataset you chose, construct a research question that can be answered with a one-way ANOVA. Once you perform your one-way ANOVA analysis, review Chapter 11 of the Wagner text to understand how to copy and paste your output into your Word document. For this Assignment: Write a 2- to 3-paragraph analysis of your one-way ANOVA results for your research question. If you are using the Afrobarometer Dataset, report the mean of Q1 (Age). If you are using the HS Long Survey Dataset, report the mean of X1SES. Do not forget to evaluate if the assumptions of the test are met. Include any post-hoc tests with an analysis of the strength of any relationship found (effect size). Also, in your analysis, display the data for the output. Based on your results, provide an explanation of what the implications of social change might be. Use proper APA format, citations, and referencing for your analysis, research question, and display of output. By Day 7 Submit Assignment: Testing for One-Way ANOVA.
Chapter 3: pages 29-40 The last question will have the link to it https://youtu.be/fR6r5ap0q4A https://youtu.be/I-M0d9xsVwc https://youtu.be/HnztDz0UiXw Are people in the United States argumentative essay help
Are people in the United States happier than they were fifty years ago?
Why are richer people happier in any given society than poorer people?
When people become richer compared with other people they get happier, why? Page 31
If we compare countries, are the Western Industrialized countries and the richer countries happier than the poorer ones?
Do political systems affect people’s happiness?
According to the reading, do the terms or meaning of happiness vary across languages?
Are there tell-tale signs of increases in unhappiness that are endemic to our society? Pg 35.
What does it mean that that by the age of 35 approximately 15% in the United States have experienced “clinical” depression? page 7 pages 35-36
Fact: depression according to the book has increased as incomes have risen, why?
Why is the current level of crime still shocking to “social forecaster” given our current state of affairs?
In the video series “This Emotional Life” we saw people having many kinds of stress -what is one thing you think that they can do to eliminate their suffering?
What is Leadership? Essay college essay help
What is Leadership? Research and explore what others have to say about leadership. Collect 3 definitions of leadership from various leadership practitioners and theorists. Using the information from the lecture, evaluate the components of each definition. Present your findings in a 2- to 3-page paper, being sure to cite your sources and use APA format. You must use at least two academic sources from the Trevecca Online Library to support your writing. Google definitions are not acceptable.
Then, based on everything you learned from your findings, conclude your paper by formulating your own personal definition of leadership using the criteria from this week’s lecture.
Barker, R. A. (1997). How can we train leaders if we do not know what leadership is? Human Relations, 50(4), 343-362. Retrieved from https://trevecca.idm.oclc.org/login?url=https://search-proquest-com.trevecca.idm.oclc.org/docview/231429531?accountid=29083
Rost, J. C.,
#3 Research Paper: Latin America (Human trafficking in Latin America) a level english language essay help: a level english language essay help
This assignment is a 6 to 8 page assignment APA formatting and the Bible must be included. Keep in mind the page count does not include the title, abstract, or references and there also must be 8 or more references no older than 5 years. Please read the instructions attached below on how the paper is to be constructed.
DUE: January 29, 2022 by 10 a.m. (Eastern time) on Saturday.
NO LATE WORK!
STATISTICS – 8 cheap essay help
Create a Presentation for Statistical Analysis in Research
In this Signature Assignment, you will use what you have learned in this course to conduct three statistical tests: a Pearson correlation, an independent t-test, and an ANOVA.
You will use SPSS to conduct the statistical tests.
You will then prepare a PowerPoint presentation in which you share the results of each statistical test. Each slide should contain notes (at least 100 words) describing the analysis in narrative form.
Prepare the PowerPoint presentation and include a voice-over. For instructions on how to include a narration to a PowerPoint presentation, search for “how to create voice-over narration in MSWord PowerPoint.”
Use the attached SPSS file to complete the following:
Select variables appropriate to conduct each of the statistical tests below:
Pearson Correlation for three variables
Independent Samples t-test
Recall from week 5 that the t-test compares means for two groups.
Recall from week 5 that the ANOVA test compares means for three or more groups.
Introduce the assignment by stating the importance of hypothesis testing in research and how statistics are used to accomplish this.
Present the statistical tests one at a time. For each statistical test:
Identify the null and alternative hypothesis for the statistical test.
Identify the Independent and Dependent variables, as appropriate. (Note: not applicable for the Pearson Correlation statistical test)
Display appropriate graphics, and descriptive statistics for each of the variables in the statistical test. Describe the central tendency and dispersion of each variable in the slide notes using formal writing.
Display the statistical output for the test.
a. Describe the statistical output in the slide notes using formal writing.
b. Reflect on the use and value of the statistical test.
Close the assignment with a formally written reflection on building a statistical mindset and developing statistical confidence.
BUS-7105 Signature Assignment SPSS Data Set
Length: 13 slides not including title page and reference page
References: Include a minimum of 10 scholarly resources.
Your presentation should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current 7TH EDITION APA standards.
Benchmark – Budget Defense a level english language essay help: a level english language essay help
Each year principals are faced with budgetary changes. One of the toughest monetary changes to handle is the sudden notification of a reduction in funds. The following case study assignment will help to prepare you for this common occurrence.
For this assignment, suppose you are a principal who just learned that your school district’s override initiative failed. As a result, you have been notified that you must cut one teaching position and cut 10% from your site budget.
Using the full site budget you reviewed in the previous topic, prepare a 15-18 slide digital presentation that defends the budget in a transparent, ethical way.
Include the following in the presentation:
The strategic planning and budget development processes used to create the budget
Visuals of major budget components
Justification of expenditures that include staff and technology resources. Demonstrate where the budget cuts will occur.
Justification for the one teacher you have selected to release, or present an alternative solution
How the plan promotes continual and sustainable school improvement and upholds the school vision/mission and the values of democracy, equity, and diversity
How the plan efficiently uses human, fiscal, and technological resources to manage school operations
How the plan proposes the mobilization of diverse community resources to support areas cut in the new budget
How the plan advocates for student needs
How the plan responds to current political initiatives and emerging trends
How the school will monitor and evaluate the implementation of the plan, including the school management and operational systems
Title slide, reference slide, and presenter’s notes
Support your presentation with 3-5 scholarly resources.
While APA style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and PSEL standards should be referenced using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Continue to search the literature and gather resources that relate to your over-arching research topic and proposed research question. As Essay college essay help: college essay help
Continue to search the literature and gather resources that relate to your over-arching research topic and proposed research question. As you identify sources that may be useful in justifying your research topic or exploring your research question, capture the sources in a data file, and write an annotated bibliography for the sources. For this week’s learning activity, identify at least three additional sources that relate to your topic or research question, and write an annotated bibliography for these sources. Send your annotated bibliography to your instructor by Day 7. The sources that you identify will contribute to the literature review you will write in Week Six.
Cultural Autobiography custom essay help
Your name. What is the origin of your family surname? What is its meaning?
Are there any naming traditions or ceremonies in your culture?
What languages were spoken during your childhood?
Geographically, where are your grandparents’ and great-grandparents’ places of origin? What do you know about their childhood, religion, politics, schooling, marriage, attitudes about death, loss, mourning, rites of passages, etc.? Are there things about your family’s history you would like to know but no one seems to want to talk about or share?
What historical events (e.g., depression, World War I/World War II, Vietnam War, Desert Storm, Attack on 911, the economic recession of 2008, civil unrest, Covid-19 Pandemic) affected your family most?
Identify a family ritual, practice, ceremony you value or have especially enjoyed, or a significant event in your life. Share an important author, book, film, or book you enjoyed.
Have you ever experienced interpersonal conflict or prejudice because of your race, ethnicity, gender, cultural group, disability/special needs, or an organization you were involved with? What was the setting—school, work, place of worship, neighborhood, friends, etc.? Was this conflict resolved in any way, and if so, how?
Describe a hobby or activity that is culturally related?
What questions evoke the most profound wonder in your mind at this time in your life’s journey?
What (people, places, events, situations) generate energy for you? What are you good at that helps you overcome the challenges that life brings you?
How does your socioeconomic status/social class influence how you move in your community and the larger society?
Where did you grow up?
Where did you go to school?
What was the most critical/saddest/happiest moment of your life?
In what ways has your culture been taught to you?
How would you describe your communication style?
What’s your career goal?
How would you define success?
PPT – Team Charter in Team Management scholarship essay help: scholarship essay help
For Team Charter in Team Management course, need one PPT slide content for below two points.
1. Our purpose of our team is:
2. We are working as a team in order to:
Text Book: Chapter 1, 2 and 3
“Group Dynamics for Teams, 6th edition by Daniel Levi and David A Askay”
is about Medication administration errors. this assignment is to find at least 3 Medication safety Guidelines and find 2 articles that support each guidelines . This is evidence-base practice assignments. ( no Plagiarism) Follow rubric best college essay help
For this phase of the project you will complete a summary of the practice guideline/protocol and a rationale for the needed change/improvement. The rationale must be evidence-based and your summary should include the reference(s) for the rationale. Rubric Criteria Ratings Pts This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Practice Guidelines 50 pts Level 4 Summary of guidelines is complete and thorough. 37.5 pts Level 3 Summary of guidelines is complete with minimal detail or clarity missing. 25 pts Level 2 Summary of guidelines is lacking some detail or clarity on needed change/improvement 12.5 pts Level 1 Summary of guidelines is lacking significant detail or clarity on change/improvement 0 pts Level 0 Summary of guidelines is wholly incomplete or absent 50 pts This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Rationale 50 pts Level 4 Rationale is thorough with evidence-based references in expert detail. 37.5 pts Level 3 Rationale has evidenced-based references with minimal detail absent 25 pts Level 2 Rationale has some evidenced-based references with moderate detail absent. 12.5 pts Level 1 Rationale has few evidenced-based references. Significant detail or clarity is missing. 0 pts Level 0 Rationale is wholly incomplete or does not have any evidenced-based references